Monday, March 3, 2008

Oppostie Week In Review

Hi everyone! Thanks for your comments about my opposite week. I had an awesome and wonderful- but sometimes- challenging week. I learned a lot about myself and my children.
For those who didn't know, I didn't check my e-mail, listened to all new music, tried new recipes and did new activities. I called it opposite week. I jumped out of my daily routine and did some exploring. It was quite interesting and exciting.

The first and second day was no big deal. I filled my day with old friends I haven't seen in months because of busy schedules and crazy life obligations. One friend came over for lunch and didn't leave until mid-night. We canceled our day plans and had a great time catching up.
The third day was a challenge. All the excitement of friends being over was, well, over. Back to chores and clean-up. I had to fill my time with new things.

As far as trying new recipes, that was hard! I found out there is a reason why I make the foods I make; because it's EASY! My family eats all meatless/ dairy-free meals so finding new recipes were pretty difficult. I did find some and we all loved them however I did make some recipes I have made before. I need to do more research for more ideas.

My three year old daughter had her first 'play-date'. She learned how to host guests, share her beloved dolls and serve others while in her house. She had a wonderful time and really learned a lot.

Music was another great challenge. Not listening to my favorite radio station and CD's were hard. I listened to a lot of great jazz, some classical and Indie tunes and new garage bands. I found an amazing new artists that I normally wouldn't of listened to before. My personal favorite is Regina Spektor. If there is a such thing as being addicted to a CD then I am guilty. She is fabulous!

My three year old and I started sign-language together. I'm amazed how much she has picked up in a week. We both look forward to time of day when we sit down and study together. Her attitude has changed so much. She is less cranky and mischievous. We are going to continue this together.

As far as my book, Whew! I love it. I read so much during last week. It was so relaxing and wonderful I can't figure out why I haven't been reading it more before.

I wrote a lot of hand-written letters instead of writing e-mails; and it's not even Christmas time! That's something I try to do often anyway, there's nothing like it when you receive one in the mail. But this time I dedicate a block of my time to writing letters. It was really fun and romantic. Thank you to all who gave me your address! If you haven't yet and would like one, send your address to me in a private message.

Well, that's a little taste of what my week was like. Thanks for all your support, I'm glad to be back! However, I do feel I am going to spend less time on the computer. It's nice not feeling my ass getting bigger every time I lazily sit down to use it. Plus, If I'm on the computer it means I'm not doing something else that would be, well, incredible.


No comments: