Monday, March 3, 2008

75 cent Dress

There she is, all dressed up in a pink satin fairy-tale dress that drags on the ground even when she is standing straight and tall. She didn't care her dream dress was two sizes too big when we found it at the second hand store. She had to have it. "Please! Mommy, Please!" said my three year old. "It's so pretty! Please, can I have it?" Her bright blue eyes were begging me to give her seventy-five cents to the lady behind the counter. How could I resist? That day I exchanged three quarters for a huge smile that I knew would last a long time... and it was worth every penny.

So, here she is in her beautiful gown playing outside. She doesn't know I'm watching her. She is so happy prancing around pretending she is a Fairy princess. She is even wearing a crown with jewels on it. Wait a minute... What is she doing?... Is she?... Oh, no! "Susanna! Get that gum that you just scrapped off the sidewalk out of your mouth! Right now, Young Lady!"

No comments: